Regional Human Resources/Payroll Administrator
Posted on 2016-02-17
By KGMB - KHNL - KFVE Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now, Hawaii’s leading multi-media company has an exciting opportunity to join our great team! Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work in 2015 by Hawaii Business Magazine. We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated and experienced individual to help administer the Human Resource and Payroll operations for KHNL (NBC affiliate), KGMB (CBS affiliate) and KFVE television stations.
This important role requires a solid human resources and payroll administration background, and the personal dynamics and confidence to partner with an experienced broadcast management team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, outstanding interpersonal skills, passionate about working with people, and the ability to provide excellent customer service focused on delivering outstanding results.
- Administers all human resource and payroll functions, and provides excellent customer service to all of our 150+ employees
- Manages all aspects of providing a full range of company benefits including healthcare, disability leave and FMLA benefits
- Responsible for assisting in recruiting and orientation of new hires
- Responsible for EEO compliance and reporting
- Oversees the performance management process and works with department leaders to ensure compliance
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll and proficient in the use of all aspects of web-based system
- Oversees and maintains compliance with Federal and State laws and provides reports as necessary.
- Provide excellent quality services by ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of human resource and payroll records and reporting
- Lead HR/Payroll related system implementation of upgrades and new enhancements
Requirements and Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years recent hands on experience in human resources and complete knowledge of Hawaii labor and payroll tax laws
- Excellent judgment/decision-making; critical thinker; proven ability to think through issues and make sound recommendations
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, prioritize and multitask. Proficient in managing time and resources effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word. Working knowledge of Ultipro software application is a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a wonderful opportunity to join our team! Hawaii News Now offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, please apply online and include a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/V/D/V