Posted on 2016-02-17
By KGMB - KHNL - KFVE Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now, Hawaii’s leading multi-media company, has an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Commercial Writer/Producer/Director to join our marketing team and help us grow our clients’ business.
You are a creative, enthusiastic individual who can conceptualize, write, produce, direct and edit video advertisements for clients of Hawaii News Now. You are an idea-generator that can develop compelling and innovative creative concepts within varying levels of budget and resources while tailoring messages to audiences on different platforms. You can execute a project from conception to post-production on your own as you are experienced in script-writing, shooting, non-linear editing and graphics. You are also a team player that collaborates well with others, including clients, sales account executives, vendors, and other producers, photographers and editors. You are organized and self-motivated, allowing you to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously.
Primary responsibilities for this position include developing, writing, producing, directing and editing commercial video productions and managing/tracking resources spent for each project. This person will also need to attend meetings with or without sales account executives and will serve as a client’s primary consultant on commercial production. Other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Marketing Director and works under the supervision of the Creative Services Production Manager. A successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience writing, producing, directing and editing video content.
You place an emphasis on the importance of the overall creative message. The projects you produce are visually appealing, effective at servicing the needs and goals of the client, and compelling enough to excite consumers into taking action. You have a strong work ethic and are deadline-oriented, taking the initiative to ensure projects are always moving forward. Most importantly, you exhibit an energetic, positive attitude, are passionate about the work that you do, and have a strong sense of caring about the success of our marketing and sales teams and the many clients we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field; can be substituted for 5 years experience in media marketing, advertising and promotion
- 5 years experience writing, producing, directing and editing video content
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in developing compelling content for broadcast and digital consumption
- Proficiency in editing software, including Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro
- Working knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
An ideal candidate would also possess the following qualifications:
- Prior experience working in a broadcast television or agency production department
- Prior experience working directly with clients
- Experience in videography
- Experience in video motion graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Software.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are the person above, we want to hear from you.
Apply online and please attach your resume and include a link to your broadcast/creative demo reel. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V