Radio Broadcast-Transmitter Engineer
Posted on 2016-02-15
By KID-FM, KCHQ, KID, KIDG, KIDJ, KLLP, KGTM, KPKY, KZKY, KWIK, KRXK, KOUW
Idaho Falls, ID
Rich Broadcasting is looking for an experienced, self-starter Broadcast Engineer, who has the technical and analytical skills needed to solve system technology issues. The ideal candidate will work and assist with the installation and daily maintenance of all studio, transmitter and computer related equipment. In addition, they must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record and be available to work a flexible, on-call schedule including nights and weekends and must be willing to travel to all Rich Broadcastings locations (including studios and transmitter sites).
- Protect the FCC licenses for all Rich Broadcasting radio stations and ensure technical FCC compliance of broadcast Communications networks and systems, which includes maintaining log of programs transmitted as required by FCC
- Maintain and repair on-site and remote broadcast equipment: Broadcasting Audio Equipment, Microwave Receive Sites, Satellite Dishes, Equipment Centers, Studios, Transmitters
- Must be able to work regardless of inclement weather and be able to operate a snow machine
- Must be able to work with all users to determine and address technical needs and concerns
- Maintain and document all equipment maintenance
- Must be able to quickly isolate and troubleshoot equipment issues and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement
- Must be able to read, interpret and update station drawings, flow charts and cable run lists
- Be able to establish and carry out regular maintenance schedule that will reduce damage and loss due to everyday wear and tear
- Work closely with management to develop proficiency resolving engineering
- Evaluate, research and recommend equipment and software acquisitions for all Rich Broadcasting stations
- Install and upgrade system components and software as directed
- Fabricate cables and small part modifications
- Ensure that disaster recovery methods are accurate and accessible
- Represent Rich Broadcasting in the highest regard within the community and business environment
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective communications with both internal and external business partners
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Work Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience as Broadcasting Engineer with hands-on, in-depth knowledge and experience working on radio transmitter equipment
Skills & Abilities Required
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with hours and weekends, including availability 24/7
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Degree in electronic engineering or related field
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website.
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted positions.
Resume is only accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer