Arizona Sports Digital Content Editor
Posted on 2016-02-06
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To update, gather, and create news and sports content for the KTAR and Arizona Sports web sites. Ensure that all content on KTAR.com and ArizonaSports.com is fresh and represents the high standards of the stations' on-air products. The ideal candidate for this position demonstrates strong editorial skills and sound news judgment with experience reporting or writing for a print publication or online news outlet. This is a unique position that requires flexibility, including some work on weekends, evenings, etc. This person will engage Facebook fans, Twitter followers, other social media platforms and text message subscribers in discussion around the major topics of the day. The ideal candidate is someone who stays up to speed with all social media and the latest trends. This individual will work closely with reporters, editors, producers and hosts.
- Experience working in a newsroom environment and/or experience writing for print or online news or sports site or blog. Prefer experience as a print reporter, copy editor and/or web editor.
- Exceptional news writing and sports writing skills including editing and grammar skills. Ability to edit, produce and create accurate, well presented content in a quick, timely manner.
- Must possess typing skills and computer input ability. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and HTML are required. Must enjoy working with computers and technology.
- Able to produce, gather, edit and update news and sports content for the KTAR web site and the Arizona Sports web site on a daily basis. Will require the production and gathering of text, images, web pages, audio/video, etc. and work closely with others in the newsroom to accomplish this function.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Vine, SnapChat,, texting and any other new social media platforms.
- Must have a passion for sports and possess knowledge and general interest in all Arizona sports.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Requires a track record of dependability and evidence of being a self starter.
- As a key player of the Bonneville Phoenix team, must be willing to offer ideas, suggestions and other concepts for the station's Internet activities that are innovative and creative. Willingness to support web team and participate in a variety of Internet activities.
- Proven ability to manage stress effectively.
- Willingness to telecommute or work remotely as necessary.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently works hours required. Position requires extreme flexibility: able to work evenings, weekends, odd hours, etc. to ensure that web site is continually updated and fresh. Flexibility to work during breaking news and other big news or sports events required. Willing to update content remotely from home, etc. as needed.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop and WordPress is preferred.
- Some college or a degree in communication, journalism, marketing, business, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.