Master Control Operator
Posted on 2016-02-04
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
- Updates and maintains signal control systems.
- Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
- Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it.
- Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system.
- Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted.
- Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made, and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Ensures the station’s compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with digital transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL
CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.