Posted on 2016-02-02
By CareerPage CareerPage
Townsquare Media Trenton in Ewing, New Jersey is looking to hire a Digital Editor to create and oversee content for NJ101.5 the digital arm of New Jerseys largest news/talk radio station, New Jersey 101.5 FM. The Digital Editor will have a passion for and understanding of timely, multi-platform distribution of news and entertainment content. He or she will be able to deliver strong news reporting in a breaking news environment, and pivot to highly shareable, engaging material with a unique voice always focused on New Jersey. The Digital Editor will create such content and help others in the digital and on-air staff to do the same.
- Work alongside the Digital Managing Editor and with a staff of other content producers to create compelling, relevant news and entertainment content for the New Jersey community. This content will consist of text, photo, video and interactive content across the site, mobile and social media.
- Take part in brainstorming sessions and other creative discussions with radio station team
- Develop content ideas for the community based on news value, audience demand and search data
- Edit several posts and features a day, working with their authors to develop strong content
- Respond to breaking news in a timely manner
- In consultation with the Digital Managing Editor:
- Conceive of innovative ways to distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
- Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
- Utilize and enforce best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.
- Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.
The person filling this role should understand what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO. Strong writing and reporting skills are essential; multimedia skills are highly valued.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in online journalism, and a strong editorial voice.
The job also requires a sense for marketing and socialization of content, the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills and attention to detail are a requirement. Experience working with WordPress, HTML, Photoshop and video and familiarity with AP style are all a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ovcx2fw0&s=Market_Outreach
Current Townsquare Media Broadcasting Employee Qualification Statement: It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.