Master Control Hub Supervisor
Posted on 2016-01-14
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Master Control Hub Supervisor will supervise, coordinate, and participate in master control operator duties to meet the needs of stations in the master control hub. Supervise staff on best practices with job functions and duties in a television master control hub environment. Work with engineering, programming, traffic, sales, news, promotions, and stations management in delivering content and managing resources in the TV program chain.
- Assist the Hub Manager and Director of Engineering in creating a high quality “on-air” product.
- Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the Hub Master Control Operations staff.
- Provide up-to-date schedules of assigned shifts.
- Provide training and feedback to Hub Master Control Operations staff.
- Create and implement departmental procedures, as approved by Hub Manager.
- Develop operator skills and knowledge to achieve high level of expertise in all areas of technical operations.
- Ensure operators are knowledgeable of FCC regulations.
- Consistent work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with digital transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Hub Supervisor must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL
CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.