KBBI-AM, General Manager
Posted on 2016-01-13
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Kachemak Bay Broadcasting (KBBI) in Homer, Alaska, is seeking a General Manager to succeed the current manager who is retiring on April 8, 2016. To fulfill KBBI’s mission, the General Manager is responsible to the Board of Directors for enactment of Board policies and overall operation of the 10,000 watt AM station, now in its 35th year. This is a permanent, full-time, exempt position reporting to the Board of Directors. Compensation includes salary based on experience, plus health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. More information, including KBBI’s mission statement, values, and minimum qualifications for the General Manager position, is available at www.kbbi.org, in the “Your Station” tab. About Homer Known as “the halibut fishing capital of the world,” Homer is located on beautiful Kachemak Bay, and is connected by road and air to Anchorage, 225 miles north along the Kenai Peninsula. Recreational activities include wildlife viewing, kayaking, sport fishing, hiking, and skiing. Homer offers a lively arts and music community, as well as many fine restaurants, a brewery, coffee roasters, and lots of friendly people. Education opportunities include an outstanding public school system, along with a branch campus of Kenai Peninsula College, which is part of the University of Alaska Anchorage. The community also offers excellent healthcare providers and facilities, including South Peninsula Hospital.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate KBBI staff in accordance with policies of the Board.
- Lead KBBI’s strategic planning process to ensure fulfillment of long range and annual objectives including revenue growth, as well as the development of the organization and its staff and volunteers.
- Keep informed about trends in the radio industry, public and for-profit, as well as technological developments.
- Develop, propose, and manage annual budgets.
- Play a principle role in soliciting funds for the station.
- Administer federal, state, and other grants and contracts as required.
- Ensure that the station’s license is in order and that Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other federal, state, and local rules and regulations are followed.
- Serves as KBBI’s most visible management representative to the community and to private and government entities (such as CPB, APBC, NPR, APRN) as required by the Board of Directors.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials may also be submitted by mail to the following address:
KBBI GM Application
3913 Kachemak Way,
Homer, AK 99603
The position is open until filled with initial screening of applicants to begin February 15, 2016. Inquiries are welcome and may be sent to email@example.com. KBBI is an equal opportunity employer.