Broadcast Engineer/IT Manager
Posted on 2015-12-15
By CBS Radio CBS Radio
CBS Radio is looking for a Broadcast Engineer/IT Manager with a strong background in both broadcast engineering and IT to support CBS Radio’s cluster of radio stations in Phoenix.
- Responsible for all station computer systems.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot & repair computer equipment and systems.
- Develop solutions and recommend system changes as needed.
- Resolve technical problems for critical systems with regard to security, performance, recovery, management and/or usage to company standards.
- Provide desktop, hardware, and software support.
- Maintain integrity of the on-air product.
- Install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot an entire broadcast technical facility, equipment, and systems.
- Assist in planning and development of all aspects of FM radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems, computers, and networks.
- Support station and field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio and field efforts involving technical equipment.
- Document using a computerized database, word processor and drawing program, plus manual drafting;
- Create instructional materials and teach proper use of technical equipment.
- Two or more years of experience in broadcast facilities with a minimum of a 2-year Associates degree in Electronics or five years of hands-on maintenance, repair, and installation experience with FM transmitters, complex digital STL systems and studio equipment is required.
- Must have prior experience in an IT support role; supervisory experience is a plus.
- Vast knowledge of the following operating systems required: Dell hardware, Windows Operating Systems, Windows Server, MS Office Systems including MS Outlook, and Active Directory.
- In-depth knowledge of Audio Vault servers and workstations or similar radio station automation equipment is a must.
- Knowledge of digital audio and logical techniques is highly desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills are required; must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Valid state driver license for operation of company vehicles is required; Personal vehicle is required for 24-hour response for emergencies.
- Must be able to be on-call and available to respond 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- The ability to work occasional night and weekend work is required.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, be able to climb ladders and be able to work in small, confined spaces.
- Must be well-versed in basic electronic theory.
- An understanding of FCC Rules and Regulations is required.
- SBE Certification is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes online through the Career Center at www.cbsradio.com. Faxed, mailed, emailed and hand-delivered resumes will not be accepted. No phone calls, please.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled