Posted on 2015-12-15
By KHON Nexstar Media
KHON2 is looking for a full-time IT Specialist to analyze, troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment, and software in a fast paced environment. This position assists the IT Administrator in providing service to systems management.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the availability and operation of computer network, servers, workstations, and associated equipment
- Participation in installation, configuration, and integration of complex systems including broadcast equipment
- Creating and maintaining accounts in directories
- Administering user permissions, access rights, and help desk systems
- Applying software updates and patches
- Maintaining system backups and recovery
- Assisting and training end users in the use of technology
- Requires a minimum of two or more years of progressively complex related information technology experience
- Has an understanding of basic networking concepts (CCNA)
- Proficient in a Windows domain environment
- Excellent documentation skills and adherence to procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Interacts professionally with internal and external peers and/or managers
- Can work autonomously on projects
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Works as part of a team in stressful situations; maintains composure and sense of humor in the face of heavy workload and interruptions
Education: High School Diploma. Technical school/College Degree preferred.
Training/Equipment: Broadcast equipment knowledge a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Position requires frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be able to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends or Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
KHON2 is a Media General station. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and offer competitive salaries and wages, and a standard benefit package that includes a 401K plan and medical and dental plans.
To apply for this position, please visit the employment page on our website at www.khon2.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE