Chief Engineer; WTIC-AM/FM (WACC 107.7 MHz LP)
Posted on 2015-12-14
By CareerPage CareerPage
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
- Serve as department head for engineering department.
- Responsible 100% for reliability of on-air product; on call 24/7 to manage emergency issues.
- Plan, develop and monitor all aspects of radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and vehicles, computers and networks.
- Contributor in engineering maintenance of studios, mass storage, STLs and transmitters.
- Prepare all engineering budgets, capital projects purchase orders; reconcile invoices and approve for payment.
- Oversee engineering related procurements.
- Serve as studio / transmitter facilities manager
- Supervise others in FCC rule compliance including maintenance of the public file.
- Oversee compliance with all CBS engineering and Corporate IT procedures and policies.
- Manage oversight of company assets.
- Select, install and maintain high-power transmitters and all associated equipment; modify and document all broadcast circuitry.
- Purchase studio equipment; maintain mixing consoles and all associated in-studio equipment.
- Handle telco problems and service calls; order services on broadcast and office systems. Work with technicians to troubleshoot circuits; cross connect in-house circuits. Keep record of telephone circuits; maintain ISDN and broadcast loops.
- Serve as chief operator responsible for reviewing logs weekly for correct and complete entries EAS tests and tower lighting requirements.
- Generator testing, fueling and supervision of maintenance. UPS testing and supervision of maintenance.
- Manage Engineering Department staff.
- Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
0 years experience in broadcast engineering including experience with directional antenna arrays and analog and HD broadcast transmission systems. Must understand FCC regulations and keep station(s) technically compliant. Vast knowledge of digital and analog studio equipment required; SBE Certification, BSEE, FCC General Class Radio Telephone License or AS in electronics discipline required. Valid state drivers license for operation of company vehicles is required. Personal vehicle is required for 24hr. response for emergencies. Management experience and/or training desirable: excellent customer service skills are required; must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://cbs.avature.net/cbscorpcareers/JobDetail?id=3513 to apply.
Consistent with our equal opportunity program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
WTIC-AM, WTIC-FM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.