Posted on 2015-12-02
By WIAT-TV WIAT-TV
It's a brand new look at WIAT 42 News in Birmingham, Alabama! This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that is expanding and growing. The investment has been made in a completely remodeled newsroom, state of the art WSI weather system, new AVID editing and a network quality studio to deliver the very best to the viewers of Central Alabama. We are devoted to bring in the best staff to grow our newly outfitted station!
Before and during the broadcast of a live television program like a news show, the broadcasting director communicates via headset to the anchors as well as to the camera operators and technicians to give instructions and is responsible for the overall look and sound of a show as it happens.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the show's Producer in order to understand the desired look and feel for the program.
- Employ the help of the vision switcher, who works specialized equipment to shift camera views and graphics throughout the program.
- Supervise the placement of video cameras, lighting equipment, microphones, and props.
- Maintain order among the staff in the control room, and on the set.
- Facilitate a team environment; provide leadership and inspiration to co-workers and act as a positive catalyst for the overall group.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Quick-thinking problem-solver.
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task.
- Must be able to interact well with producers, video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Dedication to teamwork.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in journalism, film production or communications or equivalent experience may substitute + (5) five years experience in television director broadcasting/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology; MS Outlook, E-mail.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced, hectic and high stress environment.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED **
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://wiat.com/wiat-42-careers/