Morning Edition Host
Posted on 2015-11-30
By KUNM Radio University of New Mexico
KUNM is hiring a morning anchor to engineer and host our weekday broadcast of NPR’s Morning Edition news magazine show. The position is part-time, based in Albuquerque, and is benefits eligible through the University of New Mexico. Please consider applying for this position or sharing with other interested people.
Produces and anchors KUNM's newscasts and local breaks during NPR's Morning Edition, a weekday morning news magazine show. Collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events for publication and broadcast. Live on-air shifts runs from 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. weekdays.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor's degree; at least 6 months of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to serve as local, on-air host for weekday news magazine Morning Edition starting at 4:30 a.m. daily.
- Skilled in pronunciation of New Mexico names, places and customs.
- Strong experience in journalism, re-write, and on-air announcing.
- Significant experience hosting NPR news magazine programs. Public radio experience. Experience using online content management systems (ex. Wordpress, Core Publisher). Professional experience using social media for audience engagement.
HOW TO APPLY:
KUNM is a diverse, multicultural station serving over 100 communities across central and northern New Mexico. We have more than 20 professional staff members and we work with more than 120 student and community volunteer programmers. We reach about 100,000 listeners a week in a service area of 1.1 million people.
You must apply online. Once you are at the UNMJobs website, you can also Search Posting 0832656. The application is somewhat extensive so please don’t wait until the last moment. For best consideration, apply by December 4, 2015. For further information call (505) 277-6947.
KUNM, a department of the University of New Mexico, is an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to one's race, ethnicity, age, national origin, faith, sex or disability. We recognize and respect diversity. We value the wealth of knowledge and experience each of our employees brings to the workplace.