TV Broadcast Operator
Posted on 2015-11-17
By CareerPage CareerPage
Under general supervision the TV Broadcast Operator is required to set up, monitor, and operate a variety of television broadcasting equipment to record and playback program material scheduled for broadcast on KNME-TV and KNMD-TV. These tasks must be performed in accordance with FCC rules and regulations in a manner that ensures proper audio & video signal levels and parameters, and that maintains on-air continuity for all signals being broadcast, including the accurate keeping of all station operational, EAS and program logs
The temporary TV Broadcast Operator will:
- Performs set-up, calibrates, operates, monitors, and maintains television broadcast equipment to produce, switch, receive, record, edit, and reproduce the NTSC color television signal, in compliance with FCC rules and regulations
- Provides technical support for studio and remote site television productions, post-productions and duplication services, state microwave networking transmissions, cable services, and institutional distribution of program materials
- Broadcasts emergency public service announcements, to include information regarding dangerous weather or other community-related emergencies, as necessary
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
- Skill in the setup, calibration, operation, and maintenance of state-of the-art commercial audio-visual broadcasting equipment.
- Knowledge of on-air and remote broadcasting processes and procedures
- Ability to test and evaluate audio/visual signal quality at the point of production, transmission, and reception
- Days & Hours: Various Schedule
- Anticipated Start Date: 11/23/2015
- Projected End Date: 05/16/2016
- Parking Arrangements: Responsibility of the selected employee
UNMTemps provides staffing solutions to UNM departments requesting temporary employees as positions become available due to a vacancy, when regular employees are absent, for peak work periods, and for special events. UNMTemps assignments/positions are non-benefits eligible and may end with little or no advance notice.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Higher related academic degrees received from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at UNM Jobs and click on "UNM Temps"
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER