On-Air Talent (KKSS)
Posted on 2015-10-26
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
Primary function is to perform as creative on-air radio personality as assigned by Content Director, for our popular Hip-Hop/R&B, “KISS-FM”, format.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform as on-air personality, as scheduled, and follow own thought-out and prepared show.
- Responsible for creating, writing and delivering creative elements on-air, including attention-grabbing topics/issues for the show.
- Follow designated show format.
- Maintain compliance with FCC regulations at all times, including awareness of prohibited language on-air.
- Research information as requested for show.
- Create bits and/or stunts to be used during their show, as appropriate.
- Air music as scheduled and as provided by the Content Director.
- Air all liners, promos and commercials as logged.
- Operate system board efficiently, including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including sponsorships and name mentions.
- Creative production and editing of commercials (voiceovers) for clients and station as directed by Production Manager.
- Create and write copy as assigned.
- Works with the traffic department to ensure all commercial copy is correct and dates and times of airing are as provided by sales.
- Meets with clients when necessary to prepare commercials on and off site.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of station and on-air promotions.
- Follow contest rules and station rules in regard to station contests.
- Greet listeners, attend and assist special events, remotes, and other company sponsored events.
- Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Live appearances/broadcasts on location as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Responsible for performing Master/Mistress of Ceremonies duties for station promotions, special events and special appearances, as assigned.
- Participate in the show as an on-air personality, adding content and entertainment value to show.
- Participation and involvement with the community.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed.
- Must be familiar with station’s format.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Produce timely, complete and accurate reports, as requested.
- Special attention to deadlines.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Follow work schedule as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Special personality creativity for on air recording and production for show, as requested by Content Director.
- Requires the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook software packages.
- Requires knowledge of programming and production software (i.e. Audio Vault, Audition, Console Production, Collateral Hardware, and Music Master).
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have adequate transportation for driving.
- Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license and a good driving record
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required.
Necessary Language Skills:
- Must have excellent ability to speak, read and write in English.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must be able to drive.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online
DEMO MP3 Required.
Univision is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting us at (505) 254-7100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER