Technical Media Producer
Posted on 2015-10-19
By KKCO / MeTV Gray Television
Grand Junction, CO
KKCO-TV is accepting applications for a part-time Technical Media Producer.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring KKCO’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
Description of Duties:
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for KKCO.
- Work with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.
- Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
- Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system.
- Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
- Dedication to care of equipment.
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Training of new personnel as assigned.
- Assist Production Supervisor in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Preferred Skills: Computer literacy in office administrative software; i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Knowledge of INews, Omneon, Discreet Logic Edit 5, Sony Vegas 6, and Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 software a plus.
Required Skills: Possess 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations. Commanding knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques. Must be able to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations. Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and cover letter electronically to:
By fax to 970.243.1770
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to or complete an application at:
Attn: Human Resources
2531 Blichmann Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81505
KKCO-TV is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing and participates in E-verify. EOE (All positions must show flexibility for evolving or changing operational needs. Hours, shifts, responsibilities, etc. are subject to change at management discretion.)