Posted on 2015-10-07
By Kentucky Broadcasters Association
For 75 years, the Kentucky Broadcasters Association (KBA) has represented the interests of more 300 radio and television station members across the Commonwealth. For only the fourth time in our history, the KBA is seeking a dynamic President/CEO to lead our organization.
Working from our association headquarters in the Kentucky state capitol of Frankfort, the President/CEO provides the daily leadership and administration of the affairs of our organization. His/her primary duty is to insure that we are responding to the needs of our members by providing quality services and programs, and by advocating for our membership and for the broadcasting industry both on a state level and in Washington, D.C.
Reporting to our Chairman and our board of directors, the President/CEO serves as the chief executive of our association in accordance with our by-laws, policies, and board directives. He or she has responsibility and accountability for the active daily management of our association.
The President/CEO is directly responsible for overseeing and selling our Public Education Program (PEP), which is the primary source of funding for our association. The President/CEO also serves on the board of our wholly owned subsidiary, the Kentucky Alliance of Radio and Television (KART), which helps to generate advertising revenue for our member stations.
Specific areas of responsibility for our President/CEO include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, enhancing, and developing relationships with our member stations.
- Developing and promoting quality member programs and services.
- Promoting our member stations, our industry, and our association throughout the Commonwealth.
- Maintaining all association membership records, minutes, and archives.
- Organizing and managing our annual conference, board meetings, and special events.
- Tirelessly advocating the political and regulatory interests of our members.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the KBA including staff.
- Insuring that all policies and directives are being implemented as directed by the board.
- Keeping the Chairman and the board fully informed of any issues concerning the operation of the organization.
- Working with different vendors who provide a myriad of services for our association and our members.
- Managing the facilities and property of our association headquarters including our relationship with our building tenants.
- Developing an annual operating budget for board approval.
- Maintaining tight financial internal controls and appropriate financial safeguards.
- Assuming fiduciary responsibility and ensuring that the financial management of the association functions according to the direction of the board of directors.
- Overseeing all funds, investments, assets, and property of the association.
Our successful candidate will be a veteran broadcasting industry executive or association executive of high character with a solid career track record and a minimum of ten or more years of management experience. He or she will be required to grasp the complex issues facing our industry in an ever-changing regulatory environment. Our future President/CEO will show that he or she embraces sound business and financial principles, strong operational controls, and the ability to develop a solid operating budget. He or she will need to have an entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate both a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving. We’re seeking a strategic planner and thinker, who will help develop long term goals and vision for our association. A background in broadcast sales will be considered a plus, as well as someone who has strong interpersonal skills to positively motivate people.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates being considered will be required to present their qualifications to the full Board of Directors at the KBA Headquarters in Frankfort, KY and must consent to background checks which may include, county, state and national criminal records, sex offender registry search, federal bankruptcy record search, and/or a credit check, as well as, drug testing.
Our goal is to have our new President/CEO in place by January 1, 2016, or, as shortly thereafter as possible.
If you believe that you’re the right person to lead the Kentucky Broadcasters Association into a new era, please send your resume, references, salary requirement and cover letter to:
Kentucky Broadcasters Association
ATTN: President/CEO Search Committee
101 Enterprise Drive
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Applications must be postmarked no later than November 5, 2015 or emailed to email@example.com by 11:59 PM EST on November 5, 2015.
No phone calls please. The KBA is an equal opportunity employer.