Posted on 2015-09-28
By KOAT-TV Hearst Television
KOAT-TV/ABC/Estrella-TV New Mexico, in Albuquerque, seeks a motivated, high-energy, creative Commercial Writer/Producer in our Creative Services Department. Join Hearst Television, one of the largest and most respected media groups in America.
Conceive, write, shoot, edit, and succeed in a fast paced, high energy media environment. We are seeking a Writer/Producer who can demonstrate polished, precise writing; an impeccable visual and graphic aesthetic, and advanced conceptual skills. Break Bad and join us in the beautiful Land of Enchantment
Responsibilities include meeting with clients and Account Executives, producing commercials for National & Local advertisers, and keeping with the station’s quality guidelines. Must be able to oversee projects from conception to completion that meet station/client goals and objectives. Job entails all steps of the promotional/commercial process from idea generation, to scripting, shooting, editing, and delivery. Assist in coordination of daily production schedule. This position works between the Creative Services Department and the Sales Department, so strong communication and organizational skills are a must. Due to the fast passed nature of the business and the unpredictability of clients, job functions & duties could change to address current situations.
- At least 2 years working in Broadcast or/& Post Production
- Working knowledge of current editing and graphic programs (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Able to shoot using full size professional video cameras and gear
- Working ability of field and studio lighting
- Solid communication, writing and organizational skills
- Able to work odd and sometimes long hours
- Must be able to lift up to and including 50 pounds
- Two years commercial broadcast writing/producing experience preferred with emphasis on client services and sales support
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Working knowledge of high definition video shooting & editing
- Working knowledge of broadcast codecs
- Firm grasps of media management
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- At least an Associate Degree (Bachelors is preferred). Work experience will be looked at in lieu of education
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit careers.hearsttelevision.com and upload a resume and cover letter.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER