OpenAir Morning Show Host/Announcer/Producer
Posted on 2015-08-24
By KCFR, KVOD, KVOQ Colorado Public Radio
The OpenAir Morning Show Host/Announcer/Producer is responsible for an engaging, welcoming morning show from 6-10 am daily. This host understands the OpenAir’s mission of music discovery, the audience, the time of day, and the music world OpenAir reflects. In addition to new music trends, the host is grounded in recent music history, is able to connect the dots with what has come before, and is grounded in current Colorado music. Most of all the Morning Show Host is able to connect with one listener at a time and serve as a cultural guide for each listener regardless of their background.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Works across services and departments to enhance the mission of OpenAir.
- Hosts a regular weekday morning airshift, 6-10 a.m. with additional airwork as needed.
- Incorporates CPR news and arts promotion within the context of the morning show.
- From time to time anchors live broadcasts and/or interviews with national and Colorado artists.
- Produces underwriting and other announcements.
- Assists with the CPR Performance Studio sessions.
- Works with production staff to produce and participate in all on air fundraising activities.
- Supports music programming with digital music library research, providing music director with assigned research.
- Participates in short range as well as long range projects.
- Represents CPR externally and serves as a spokesperson for CPR\'s contemporary music mission.
- All other job duties as may be assigned from time to time. This position may work non-standard hours on an occasional basis.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as an on air music host is required.
- Public/non-commercial radio background preferred.
- A familiarity and grounding in contemporary music, both popular and alternative.
- Demonstrated ability to provide compelling background, context and general guidance about the importance and cultural value of the music OpenAir showcases.
- The morning show host/announcer/producer is comfortable and familiar with terrain that is genre-specific, regional, and historical, and is able to create engaging hosted programming, interstitials, and help underscore the mission and sound of the station.
- Excellent communications skills and experience.
- Air room equipment experience including a basic knowledge of consoles, microphones, CD players, turntables, and various computer resources including automation.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with a wide range of skilled and creative people. Strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with production and scheduling software.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, three examples of your broadcast and/or audio production work, and three references to email@example.com with OpenAir Morning Show Host/Announcer/Producer in the subject line. Competitive salary and benefits. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Open until filled.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.