Posted on 2015-08-24
By KCCY-FM, KKLI-FM, KVUU-FM, KIBT-FM, KDZA-FM, KPHT-FM, KCCY-AM, KCSJ-AM iHeart Media
Colorado Springs, CO
The Operations Manager is a leader role responsible for managing the strategy and execution of the market’s brands and increasing audience engagement for CCM+E’s broadcast (ratings growth), digital (uniques / streaming TSL growth), and live entertainment products (audience). The Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for the quality of the products in the market, and by extension, for protecting the station licenses.
The Operations Manager supports the Market Manager and the Director of Sales in driving revenue growth while developing & maintaining a market’s stations brand identities. The Operations Manager is expected to act as the Program Director for one or more brands within a market. The Operations Manager is a member of the market’s management team, and role models the values and operating principles of CCM+E with programming staff and broader market employees.
- Identify, develop, coach and manage the Program Directors, Promotions staff, Digital staff and On-Air Talent (in coordination with the Program Director) in the market with the support of the Senior Vice President Programming (SVPP).
- Analyze ratings and market research to grow the audience base – identify market risks / opportunities and ways to improve ratings.
- Monitor and analyze competition and develop strategies to outperform competitors.
- Work with Program Directors, Promotion leads, and Digital leads to drive audience engagement and build the market’s brands across broadcast, digital, and live entertainment.
- Work with On-Air Talent and PDs to ensure invest in original content for the digital platforms.
- Assist in designing & executing live events in the market.
- Perform role of PD for at least one brand.
- Support the Market Manager by leading the day-to-day management of programming operations in the market including (but not limited to); managing productivity, cost, technology, and production capabilities; and, protecting the station from FCC infringements of On-Air conduct.
- Provide leadership and oversight for direct reports, including guidance and identifying development opportunities.
- Drive results through your team and hold them accountable to business metrics & expectations, as well as ensuring they support market sales efforts.
- Execution of and contribution to central resources (e.g., programming an iHeart station, asking SVPP to call in Talent coaching, etc.).
- Provide visible leadership and communications to the market.
- Actively support the Market Manager and Director of Sales in driving revenue growth (e.g., supporting sales calls to provide brand / product support). Required Experience
The Operations Manager must possess:
- Experience in programming and digital brand management.
- Understanding of the markets, listeners and competitors to drive optimum ratings growth.
- Understanding of industry trends and revenue drivers and an ability to create and develop a brand that engages audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- A strong talent mindset – exceptional people management and team performance / coaching experience.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to lead and execute in a fast-paced, active environment.
- Undergraduate degree or appropriate combination of education & experience is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
IHEARTMEDIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WILL NOT TOLERATE DISCRIMINATION IN EMPLOYMENT ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, AGE, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, RELIGION, DISABILITY, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CLASSIFICATION OR STATUS.