Radio Show Hosts
Posted on 2015-08-20
By KTLF Educational Communications
Colorado Springs, CO
KTLF Light Praise radio is looking for experienced Radio Show Hosts to complement the existing on-air staff. This would be a fill-in position with the potential to become a regular part-time host.
The position of Show Host requires a person with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The candidate must also have at least 2 years of experience as a radio show host. The host must have superior people and communication skills and a focus on serving the listener. The position requires self-motivation, minimal supervision, ability to accept critique, and a heart for ministry. A team player mentality, and the ability to work with people in a ministry environment is essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Weekly preparation for a 4-hour weekend show airing from 10am - 2pm on Sunday (This show may be tracked anytime at the studio. Time to be coordinated with other tracking staff for available studio time.)
- Research and preparation for shows on a weekly basis.
- Weekly hosting of weekend show targeted to the average KTLF listener.
- Creating a flow for the weekend show integrating current events, biblical inspiration, community news, promotions.
- Participation in occasional on-site remotes and events outside of normal work hours. Compensation provided.
- Participation in Sharathon fundraising activities for the ministry.
- Attendance at annual banquet.
- Born again believer dedicated to the mission of the Power and Light radio network and an individual commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Should know, or be able to quickly learn, how to operate equipment used for broadcasting, including editing software and digital audio delivery software.
- Demonstrated ability to track a show.
- A basic understanding of RF broadcast equipment.
- The nature of working in a highly technical industry means that occasionally there will be technical problems. The weekend show host should be flexible enough to work/communicate with technical staff to facilitate repairs.
- Willing and able to create an atmosphere of â€œdignified informalityâ€ on the weekend show through which the listener feels involved, encouraged, connected and informed.
- Must be an outstanding communicator, with grammar and language skills appropriate to the audience.
- Must be willing and able to offer insights and opinions on a topic, along with general information and facts, in a manner consistent with the mission statement of KTLF Light Praise.
- Need strong research skills in order to provide accurate information quickly. Need to be up-to-date with current events and trends both inside and outside the church community.
- Demonstrated understanding of the profile of our target listener and their areas of interest.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are an experienced voice tracker looking for an opportunity to minister and earn extra compensation, please send your resume and air-check to General Manager, Robyn Sedgwick at firstname.lastname@example.org.