Fall 2015 Social Media Internship
Posted on 2015-07-20
By KID-FM, KCHQ, KID, KIDG, KIDJ, KLLP, KGTM, KPKY, KZKY, KWIK, KRXK, KOUW
Idaho Falls, ID
Rich Broadcasting is proud to offer a Fall Social Media Internship opportunity. The goal of this program is to provide college students, who are excited and passionate about online marketing and social media with meaningful and practical work experience in all aspects of (online) marketing, digital production, and online communications strategies. We are looking for someone that is interested in becoming an expert on expanding social media platforms, social media engagement and other online marketing initiatives like SEO, SEM, social media, web analytics, affiliate marketing and E-mail marketing. Intern assignments may vary day-to-day.
- Write, edit, and produce copy, blogs and social media posts using good business sense
- Assist Communications Engineer in developing and launching brand awareness/social media marketing strategies
- Assist Program Directors in managing and maintaining Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms to increase each stations` audience/listeners engagement
- Assist Communications Engineer with content marketing, search engine optimization and web-placement strategy to enhance Rich Broadcasting`s online visibility
- Monitor Twitter for mentions of music and pop culture topics to which Rich Broadcasting and/or it`s stations can contribute
- Assist Communications Engineer in coordinating social media contests and events
- Research into relevant social media content, including top tweet‐ups and other events
- Take pictures and provide updates for station marketing/promotional events/remotes
- Perform light clerical duties
- Represent Rich Broadcasting in the highest regard within the community and business environment
- Work in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Must be currently attending an accredited college/university and have achieved junior or senior status
- Must receive credit from academic institution to be able to participate in the program
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation, a copy of current college transcript
Skills & Abilities Required
- Must have good computer skills; strong experience with Facebook and Twitter
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication; strong copy writing skills
- Must be able to meet the minimum time commitment required for the internship
Preferred, But Not Required
- Students majoring in digital media and/or marketing are preferred
- A 3.0 GPA or above is recommended
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website.
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted positions.
Resume is only accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer