On Air Talent/Talk Show Producer
Posted on 2015-06-22
By KSSK, Island 98.5, Star 101.9, 93.9 Jamz, KHVH, KIKI iHeartMedia
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia`s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company`s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
iHeartMedia/Honolulu is looking for a multi-talented person to join our team!
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia I nc., the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws.
- Have a deep knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations. Be f ully prepared and 100% on time for assigned shift.
- Be well organized in ability to research topics and participate in show "prep sessions". Have extensive knowledge of audio editing.
- Have the ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure situations. Possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, and be a team player.
- Be creative with callers and work well with co-hosts. Able to quickly and effectively screen calls.
- Work with host on daily show content, website, podcasts and social media.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity. Exemplary preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
- Follow designated show format.
- Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience.
- Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations
- operation are aired.
- Must be current with relevant daily material.
- Go on client calls as needed.
- Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
- Maintain a website personality page. It must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
- Active participation related to station on social media sites.
- Participate in regula r listening/aircheck sessions for critique with the Program Director. Participate in req uired station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
- Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
- Be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature. Air all songs, commercials, promos and liners as scheduled.
- Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non-paid, spots required to run on the station.
- Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public.
- Maintain a positive and approach able attitude when around listeners and clients. Other duties as deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma required
- Strong knowledge of Nexgen, Vox Pro, Adobe Audition (or equivalent). Working knowledge of Pro Tools is a pl us.
- Prod ucing f ull, live on air shows in studio, including remote broadcasts. Audio editing and prod uction
- Strong understanding of our digital environment - including web-updates, video-editing, blog maintena nce, and contributing to social media content (i.e. Facebook, lnstagra m,Twitter,
- Fill in for producers and phone screeners as req uired
- Assist the programming department with special projects. Load audio into Nexgen system.
- Assisting with commercial prod uction. College degree preferred.
- Four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in related format..
- Must have advanced knowledge of NexGen Digital studio. Valid driver's license.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions as needed. Ability to be flexible and work under short deadlines.
- Ability to perform as On-Air Announcer.
- Apply, upload resume and demo MP3
HOW TO APPLY:
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.