Posted on 2015-05-15
By KOAT-TV Hearst Television
Hearst Television in Albuquerque is seeking an Operating Engineer to provide maintenance support in all aspects of engineering that support station operations in all departments as directed by the director of engineering.
Candidate will work directly under the director of engineering in all projects assigned ranging from but not limited to: Installation of new equipment, removal of old equipment, repair of broadcast equipment used in production & news, general building maintenance as assigned and general maintenance and system checks of the vehicle fleet in all departments. Candidate will also be required to assist with field maintenance of remote translators and will be expected to travel long distances by truck including off pavement driving capabilities.
Candidate will also be responsible for covering operational shifts in engineering with regard to camera shading, establishing satellite and ENG live shots and have the ability to trouble shooting problems both in the station and the field during daily newscast. Operational responsibilities may also include support during special event and breaking news broadcast as needed.
- 1 year television or related field is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a wide range of maintenance experience, communicate clearly, and work well in with others in all departments.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving history.
- Must be able to lift and carry between 40 to 70 pounds of equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit careers.hearsttelevision.com and include a resume, cover letter.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER