Content Acquisitions and Promotions Manager
Posted on 2015-05-12
By Channel 12 (CPT12) Colorado Public Television
The Content Acquisitions and Promotions Manager (CAPM) is a key member of the CPT12 content team, with primary responsibility for providing management and operational support for the acquisition and promotion of on-air video content. While directly reporting to the Vice-President of Content, the CAPM works across all Station departments, providing direct support to Marketing, Traffic Scheduling, Membership, and Production. This position also acts as a liaison between external content providers and internal departments and staff, ensuring processes and communications are in place to effectively and efficiently bring new content to air.
The CAPM has primary responsibility for researching, identifying, and making recommendations on new content that supports the Station mission and strategic objectives. The CAPM frequently acts as the first point of contact between the CPT12 and external content providers and independent producers. As such, this position requires a professional demeanor and appearance, along with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
This position also has primary responsibility to coordinate, and manage on-air content promotional materials, ensuring that promotions are aligned with the Station mission, brand, and strategic objectives. The CAPM is expected to have a very hands-on approach to these promotions, and basic editing and production knowledge is essential.
To be effective, the CAPM must understand, and be committed to, the mission of CPT12 as the independent public television voice in Colorado.
- Regularly assess Public Television content offerings and make recommendations
- Scout and research potential content acquisitions from independent sources
- Nurture relationships with local producers to facilitate the acquisition of new content
- Coordinate communications between external content providers and station
- Ensure promotional spots for on-air content are acquired, developed, managed, and scheduled
- Fulfill new acquisition ideas and concepts based on station content strategies and themes
- Work with station managers who interact directly with content
- Oversee an annual content promotional strategy, designed in conjunction with the VP of Content
- Project management in a media environment
- Outstanding written and oral communications
- Familiarity with Public Television programming acquisition and distribution
- Promotions experience in a media environment
- Familiarity with broadcast rights policies
- Versed in basic video production and editing, and intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency
- Familiarity with FCC and PBS broadcast policies, regulations, and restrictions
- Familiarity with media contracts
- Demonstrated effectiveness in an outreach capacity
- Three to five years experience in a media acquisitions or promotions environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please mail cover letter and resume to:
Colorado Public Television - CPT12
2900 Welton Street
Denver, CO 80205
Submissions must be post-marked by Friday, May 15, 2015 for full consideration.