Posted on 2015-04-24
By WIAT-TV WIAT-TV
JOB SUMMARY: Maintain company's IT network, servers, and security systems as well as direct development of strategic plans to meet department service needs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day maintenance, repair, project planning, design, installation, and administrative functions of the department.
- Direct the development of strategic plans to organize the department to meet its service responsibilities and operate efficiently while undergoing rapid change due to the adoption of newer Broadcast IT based technologies, the launch of new services, and the construction of new facilities.
- Maintain and ensure all documentation is up to date including but not limited to system diagrams (IT and technical facilities), schematics, technical specification documents and standards and training manuals.
- Investigate and diagnose network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
- Order, maintain and monitor the purchases of equipment and services.
- Innovative and imaginative approach to content security, storage, and distribution.
- Computer engineering skills.
- Knowledge of data storage equipment and schemes.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical and/or Computer Science. (3) Years experience in computer systems, network design, and administration.
Training/Equipment: Broadcast equipment, and latest computer technology.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Position requires lifting up to 50 pounds. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position may require work on weekends and holidays.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical and/or Computer Science. (3) Years experience in computer systems, network design, and administration
HOW TO APPLY:
Please Apply Online or WIAT-TV –, 2075 Golden Crest Drive Birmingham. Media General is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.