KTUU-TV Asst Master Control/Broadcast Tech
Posted on 2015-04-22
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a full-time Assistant Master Control Operator / Broadcast Technician. The successful candidate serves as back-up to the Master Control Supervisor, and is responsible for technical support and operation of the master control room and related broadcast systems. The position also covers technical support duties in other areas of the station including but not limited to: engineering support, production support, information technology support, special projects and station equipment maintenance. We`re seeking someone with, preferably, 3-5 years of master control operation experience, with 1-3 years of broadcast/ingest/production/equipment technical support preferred. A valid driver`s license, with a good driving record, is required, as is a high school degree/GED. Some collegiate or vocational training is preferred, and an SBE certification is a plus.
The position offers a competitive hourly wage and a comprehensive benefit package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more. KTUU is owned by a wonderful parent company, Schurz Communications, Inc., which owns television, radio, cable and newspaper properties throughout the country. Additional information on Schurz is available at www.schurz.com, and via the video link.
- Anticipate/prepare for breaking news.
- Train Master Control Operators.
- Coordinate satellite feeds.
- React quickly and appropriately to any issues with equipment and breaking news.
- Troubleshoot and maintain broadcast equipment.
- Install new equipment as directed by Chief Engineer.
- Facilitate building repairs.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist operations staff with solutions to technical problems.
- Assist IT department, research new equipment, learn new software applications and implement procedures for use.
- Work with viewers to diagnose reception problems.
- Accurately document systems and issues. •Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of broadcast master control operation.
- Understanding of Master Control administrative tasking.
- Ability to communicate direction to others.
- Ability to support engineering, special event, system development.
- Ability to operate the Master Control boards.
- Systems troubleshooting.
- Basic network skills.
- Basis knowledge of TV video production.
- Strong knowledge of broadcast engineering operations, equipment and computer systems.
- Working knowledge of television and radio frequency test equipment and methods
- Able to troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment at the component level.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Mac applications as it relates to installation, repair and maintenance of broadcast equipment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to work well with staff and customers.
- Strong computer, server, Ethernet, fiber optics, IP communications protocols and computer operating systems experience.
- Knowledge of electronics and able to read schematic diagram.
- Knowledge of IT management and proficiency.
- Able to work with hand tools.
- Must be able to work under high stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to communicate clearly and explain technical issues to non-technical co-workers
- Aptitude for learning new broadcast technologies and equipment.
- Able to problem solve, be adaptive and creative.
- Able to react quickly in changing circumstances while remaining calm.
- Initiative to address issues immediately.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Must flexible to work any shift including weekend, overnight and holidays. Working Conditions:
- Duties are performed mostly indoors in an office environment.
- Employee will be exposed to atmospheric conditions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, reach, grab, handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Regularly sit, talk, and hear.
- Some nights, weekends, on-call shifts and holidays may be required.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- May occasionally have to climb a ladder.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number KTUU2306 to learn more about the position and apply. Please mail supplemental materials to: Northern Lights Media, Fred Pasho, 501 E 40th St., Anchorage, AK 99503. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.