Director of Engineering
Posted on 2015-03-12
By KDRF-FM KKOB-AM KKOB-FM KMGA-FM KNML-AM KRST-FM KTBL-AM Cumulus Media
Directs and coordinates installation, maintenance and repairs of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to keep a competitive signal in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. May also include responsibility for telecommunications, computer and networking systems.
- Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
- Establishes and follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
- Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance
- Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, boards, recording equipment, microphones, and related equipment such as
Scott Studio digital automation systems, transmitters, controls, remote equipment, etc.
- Oversees maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems
- Supervises at least two full-time equivalent staff
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises support personnel
- Provides regular performance feedback to technical staff
- Works with promotions department to coordinate and maintain out of studio broadcasts.
- Develops and manages annual departmental budget
- Order supplies, services, and related hard goods for day-to-day operations
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- A strong working knowledge of computer and networking principles as applied to the broadcast environment
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with electronic equipment to the component level
- A strong working knowledge of both AM and FM transmitters, including both solid state and tube type transmitters up to and including 50kw power levels
- Knowledge of satellite downlink operations used for radio network programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Knowledge of underground fuel storage tanks and recordkeeping
- Knowledge of diesel stationary generator, record keeping and basic maintenance
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- A strong working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of AM directional antenna systems
Associates or technical degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Broadcasting Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience. A minimum of ten years’ experience is desirable.
SBE Certification is desirable at the Certified Broadcast, Senior or Professional level.
Must possess valid New Mexico driver’s license
Must provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance
May require lifting or moving up to 75 lbs.
May require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g. rooftops)
Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small components
Able to sit for extended periods of time
Able to work nights and weekends
Ability to be on 24 x 7 x 365 callout to respond to transmission systems failures to various locations
"It is the responsibility of each employee to read the Employee Handbook and understand the Company policies and procedures contained therein. Maintaining compliance with stated policies and procedures is the responsibility of every Cumulus employee. Further, this position description includes the requirement that the employee comply with all Company procedures and internal controls associated with assigned duties. If employees are unsure of the required procedures to perform their duties within the internal control structure of the Company, they should discuss these responsibilities with their immediate supervisor."
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates may apply by sending their resume and salary requirements to the e-mail address provided below.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER