Posted on 2015-03-02
By CareerPage CareerPage
The commercial producer oversees the creation of a commercial TV spot from inception to broadcast.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writing creative copy, shooting and editing video.
- Define and execute strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
- Communicating with sales executives and clients taking commercials from concept to final product.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
- Verify commercials meet certain legal and broadcasting standards.
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Proficient in non-linear editing.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent. At least 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
WIAT-TV, 2075 Golden Crest Drive Birmingham. Media General is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.