Posted on 2015-01-30
By iHeart Media Northern Colorado iHeart Media Northern Colorado
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
Responsible for managing the local business office including sales revenue forecasting, payroll submission and accounting for the station(s). Reports directly to regional financial management regarding financial and operational information. Provides revenue and balance sheet information to corporate.
- Coordinate with the regional financial management regarding financial and operational information. Liaise between station and regional/corporate office regarding business issues involving personnel, legal, FCC regulations, etc.
- Manage local business office.
- Process payroll including new hire paperwork, commission calculations, and talent fee allocation. Responsible for gathering employee personnel records.
- Maintain local trade files per policy.
- Update and review weekly revenue forecasts, cash flows, weekly pacing and annual budget.
- Manage local accounts receivable process including billing, invoice generation, cash in advance processing, and assist sales with collection issues. Assists customers, approves orders.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable, trade). Conducts variance analysis and account analysis to identify discrepancies.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports. Submit payroll and financial data to corporate offices. Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- May provide special project support.
- Bachelor’s in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills highly preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting software highly preferred.
- Knowledge of FCC rules highly preferred.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, facilitation, oral and written communication skill.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment – must escalate appropriate issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Must be detailed oriented – with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving. “Following-up until resolved” skills are a must.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work in a matrix organizational structure.
- Ability to be able to travel.
HOW TO APPLY:
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.