Radio Broadcast Engineer - (Denver, CO)
Posted on 2015-01-30
By iHeart Media
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services for local communities and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
iHeartMedia, Inc. consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned iHeartMedia. Between these divisions, we focus on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment content and events for listeners and users.
With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., 97 million monthly digital uniques and 196 million monthly consumers of its Total Traffic and Weather Network, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. It serves over 150 markets through 859 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones and on gaming consoles.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
iHeartMedia\'s Denver market has an immediate and rare opening for a full time Broadcast Engineer. Successful candidates should have a strong familiarity with radio broadcast and news operations including maintenance of broadcast automation systems, studio equipment, high power RF equipment, AM directional antenna systems and strong Computer/IT skills.
- A working understanding of basic electronics, logic and switching circuits, troubleshooting and wiring practices.
- This position is service oriented requiring strong written and oral communication skills.
- You must be able to interact positively with technical and non-technical staff both independently and as a team member.
- Occasional early morning, night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7.
- You must be able to climb ladders, work in small spaces and able to lift 50 pounds.
- For consideration you must possess a valid state driver’s license and have an excellent driving record.
- A related AS or greater degree, military or equivalent experience is required.
- SBE/IT certifications are a plus.
- No phone calls please.
HOW TO APPLY:
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.