Director of Affiliate Relations & Technical Events
Posted on 2015-01-30
By iHeart Media
The Director of Affiliate Relations & Technical Events is a hands-on management position that works with several departments – including Programming and Engineering – and serves as the primary point of contact for affiliate stations of the Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies and University of Colorado radio networks. The Director of Affiliate Relations & Technical Events supports, and is accountable to, both the VP/Programming and Director of Engineering & IT.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of network affiliate relations, including contract negotiations, identifying potential affiliates, authorization of satellite receivers, serve as primary point of contact with satellite uplink provider and maintaining ongoing communication with affiliate stations.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and manage a staff of fulltime and parttime technical producers/board operators. Substitute for technical producers/board operators as needed.
- Serve as primary coordinator of remote broadcasts. This includes scheduling and ongoing training of remote technicians, assistance with ordering broadcast circuits and site checks. Serve as a remote technician as needed.
- Monitor inventory levels and functionality of remote broadcast equipment and supplies.
- Field requests for studio use as it pertains to out-of-market hosts originating from our facility, or our hosts originating from other markets.
- Occasional early morning, night and weekend work.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects at any given time.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge of remote broadcast set-ups, including use of ISDN, AoIP, mix-minus, etc.
- Clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, work in small spaces, climb ladders, work overhead and maneuver up and down stairs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Direct and monitor stations programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Plan and oversee all technical production.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Three years of experience in broadcast operations or equivalent level of training and experience as well as a strong technical background, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations..
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to be flexible and work under short deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
iHeart Media is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.