Web Systems/IT Specialist
Posted on 2015-01-20
By WAGM-TV WAGM-TV
PRESQUE ISLE, ME
The Web System/IT Specialist role is to coordinate the planning, maintenance, and accessibility of Website content in a way that ensures the consistency of the Web site's look and feel. This includes ensuring that the layout, positioning, navigation, and look and feel of content are consistent across and throughout the organization. This position also will perform day-today administration of the organization's web portfolio. Understanding of a variety of Web development languages is required. Analyzes, evaluates and trains users on various IT issues. Performs other related duties as assigned. Computer Science or related degree required with 3-5 years of experience preferred. Full Time Position, Pay dependent on education and experience.
- Build graphics, slides, audio, videos, and/or animation for organizational products, Web sites, intranets/extranets, and training material.
- Monitors, improves, and updates the publication and performance oWebf all WAGM websites.
- Takes responsibility for the content, quality, design and style of all WAGM websites and social media.
- Optimizes web architecture for navigability (browser and mobile platforms).
- Maintains, converts and optimizes published documents for online use.
- Serves as a help desk for employees for basic information systems questions.
- Track and analyze web traffic statistics for periodic reporting and review of content effectiveness.
- Check hyperlinks regularly to insure validity.
- Good knowledge of Web technologies, protocols, and tools.
- Advanced programming experience with HTML.
- Strong understanding of other Internet programming languages.
- Working knowledge of Web authoring, development and publishing tools.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design.
- Comprehensive experience with all aspects of Web site content management.
- Sensitivity to browser compatibility issues.
- Understanding of basic project management principles.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Cover letter and resume to Kelly Landeen at WAGMTV 12 Brewer Rd Presque Isle Rd Caribou ME 04736. Please no phone calls.