Posted on 2015-01-16
By KRQE-TV New Mexico Fox KBIM-TV KREZ-TV Nexstar
KRQE Media Group in Albuquerque, NM, is searching for a Broadcast Engineer. The successful applicant must be a self-starter and team player in a fast paced news station environment.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintain and repair a wide variety of standard and high definition equipment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly test, adjust, clean and inspect all audio, video, computer and other technical equipment in studios or transmitter facilities.
- Configure and modify broadcast equipment systems.
- Construct, assemble, wire and install items such as control panels and related equipment.
- Ensure that power levels and the station’s broadcast signal (frequency) meet government regulatory standards.
- Develop, implement and maintain preventative maintenance program schedules and records.
- Good analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of information technology.
- Ability to implement new technologies or methods as needed.
- Working knowledge of state of the art broadcast equipment.
- Ability to write software code or modify software for effective implementation.
Education/Experience: Associate’s Degree in Electronics Engineering required or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Previous experience maintaining computer workstations, servers and network infrastructure required.
Training/Equipment: Operate broadcast equipment and software.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: This position requires frequent climbing and frequent lifting of objects weighing up to fifty pounds. Some travel is required. Applicants must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
To express interest in this position, complete the employment application materials online at www.krqe.com. Select "work for us" to apply.
No phone calls, please.
The application deadline is open until the position has been filled.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER