Assistant Chief Engineer
Posted on 2015-01-13
By KHON Nexstar Media
KHON2 is looking for an Assistant Chief Engineer to do installation, maintenance and repairs related to television-broadcast equipment. The ideal candidate will be capable of planning future equipment installations, monitoring engineering requirements and making budgetary recommendations.
- Maintain and repair commercial television transmitting equipment including STL, TSL, ICR microwave radio links, ENG vehicle onboard equipment and VHF digital transmitters.
- Assist and advise Director of Engineering as needed.
- Provide support for IT related interconnections to LAN/WAN and SAN configurations.
- Supervise Engineering maintenance staff and respond to trouble calls.
- Candidate should have 5+ years experience in a modern television studio, transmitter and ENG environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter capable of working and completing tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong IT background, in-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies including antennas, switchers, router systems, ENG transmissions, field cameras and component level electronics troubleshooting skills as well as server based playback systems needed.
- Avid and Ignite experience a plus.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- The successful candidate must be personable, detail oriented, willing to work non-traditional hours when necessary. Must possess the ability to work well with all other departments and frequently multi-task.
Certifications, degrees or technical training in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Military Technical training or related field. MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+, FCC General Class License, SBE certification, CBT preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
KHON2 is a Media General station. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and offer competitive salaries and wages, and a standard benefit package that includes a 401K plan and medical and dental plans.
To apply for this position, please visit the employment page on our website at www.khon2.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE