Front Desk - Traffic/Sales Assitant
Posted on 2015-01-12
By KDTR-FM, KKVU-FM, KYJK-FM, KKVU-HD4 Missoula Broadcasting
The Missoula Broadcasting Company seeks a dynamic individual for our front desk and staff support position. This person must come with an abundant amount of common sense, positive attitude, good work ethic, glowing personality and a sense of humor.
- Welcome visitors and company personnel by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Answering and transferring telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner; recording accurate information when taking messages and following company guidelines; logging and reporting complaint calls to the appropriate parties; reporting any phone problems to IT or Engineering; utilizing Phone Mail system.
- Continually upgrade personal knowledge of telecommunication system and company web sites. Be aware of ongoing operations involving The Montana Radio Company in order to act as the key information center in the company.
- Prizes ~ Collect all pertinent information from winner including address and social security number plus always direct winner to sign for prize; initial that item has been picked up; check logbook to be aware of prizes available; verify prize is in the right location.
- Improve programs by notifying Human Resource Director of problems or concerns; making recommendations and solutions. Contribute to ongoing improvement process.
- Maintain Company and client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential by not discussing internal Company matters with Company employees or outside acquaintances.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist Human Resource Department and other departments with various task s including data entry, information processing, emails, voicemail messages, and performing clerical functions as needed.
- Other duties assigned.
- High school education and one to two years (1-2 yrs.) on-the-job receptionist/clerical experience with skills in office procedures and protocol.
- Self-starter, organized, able to follow written and verbal instructions; able to solve routine problems while maintaining confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Project a pleasant, friendly, professional business-like image for the company and must work effectively with people while representing the company on the telephone and in person.
- Proficient in spelling and punctuation.
- Typing (45 wpm), correspondence, and other secretarial skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to work under pressure as the services performed affects the ability of other departments to do their work. It also affects clients and the general audience.
- Proven record of dependability.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY: