Posted on 2015-01-12
By KABQ-AM KABQ-FM KBQI-FM KPEK-FM KLQT-FM KTEG-FM KZRR-FM iHeartMedia
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services for local communities and providing premier opportunities for advertisers. iHeartMedia, Inc. consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned iHeartMedia. Between these divisions, we focus on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment content and events for listeners and users. With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., 97 million monthly digital uniques and 196 million monthly consumers of its Total Traffic and Weather Network, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. It serves over 150 markets through 859 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones and on gaming consoles. iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 345 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 50 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
- A minimum of 5 years radio experience is required
- A working understanding of electronics, logic and switching circuits, technical troubleshooting and wiring practices.
- You must be able to interact positively with technical and non-technical staff both independently and as a team member.
- Occasional early morning, night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7.
- You must be able to climb ladders, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Qualified candidates will also possess a valid state driver’s license and have an excellent driving record.
- Candidates must possess a related AS or greater degree or equivalent military experience.
- SBE/IT certifications are a plus.
- Successful candidates should have a strong familiarity with radio broadcast and news operations including maintenance of broadcast automation systems, studio equipment, high power RF equipment, AM directional antenna systems and strong Computer/IT skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer software, hardware, and networking issues.
- Knowledge of effective audio and low voltage wiring practices.
- Demonstrate competence with testing tools and procedures for standard audio, video, data, and control circuits.
- Current knowledge of Internet networking protocols including: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, and DNS.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with keen attention to detail and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Able to calmly and effectively prioritize tasks in a time-sensitive high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a project team.
- Knowledge of radio automation systems (NexGen) a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years radio experience is required as well as a working understanding of electronics, logic and switching circuits, technical troubleshooting and wiring practices.
HOW TO APPLY:
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Please apply online at www.iheartmedia.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER