Digital Executive Producer
Posted on 2014-12-29
By CareerPage CareerPage
CBS42 is looking for a Digital Media Manager. Think you can manage the daily tactical operations of our web sites? Can you prioritize key projects and initiatives? Do you know UI, UX, social media, mobile web, coding and scripting languages?
The DMM must be able to produce and implement a flow of creative solutions for daily operations, including training, tools, efficiencies and processes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in website architecture, user experience design, digital marketing, and development – specifically, data management and optimization, programming and scripting languages, and system administration.
- Optimize and manage content for digital properties
- Design and build custom web applications
- Provide regular reporting for website and online marketing initiatives
- Coordinate social media activities by actively engaging in industry blogs, video sharing, online chats, etc., messaging and increased brand awareness resulting in increased traffic to our websites
- Analyze data and develop recommendations to optimize the user experience
- Hands-on optimization, including keyword/phrase research, site structure, page construction, content, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Keep up with industry trends and opportunities
- Manage content management system
The executive producer supervises news content across all media platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing writing, production, and timing of broadcast.
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives.
- Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices.
- Responsible for successful financing and marketing of projects.
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Financial management.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Pre-employment background check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Additional Information: It\'s a brand new look at WIAT 42 News in Birmingham, Alabama! This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that is expanding and growing. The investment has been made in a completely remodeled newsroom, state of the art WSI weather system, new AVID editing and a network quality studio to deliver the very best to the viewers of Central Alabama. We are devoted to bring in the best staff to grow our newly outfitted station!
Please apply at:
or send cover letter and resume to:
WIAT-TV – 2075 Golden Crest Drive Birmingham, AL 35209
No phone calls please.
General Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER