KJMY Morning Show Host
Posted on 2014-12-23
By KAAZ, KNRS, KODJ, KJMY, KZHT Total Traffic
Salt Lake City, UT
- On-air announcing of programs, music, commercials, news, public service information and other material.
- Engage in two-way communications with the audience via social media and daily web blogs.
- Perform on air live (or “as-live”) commercial endorsements
- Attend and participate in coaching sessions to develop the morning show.
- Share personal experiences on the air that are of interest to our target listener fan base.
- Perform at community and client functions including remote broadcasts and civic events.
- Use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
- Attend live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station.
- Maintain a presentable appearance to represent this radio station and company in the community.
- Interview guests, and moderate panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
- Answer phone lines and interview members of listening audience who telephone musical requests.
- Work with our digital team to keep our website and all station online information accurate and interesting.
- Gather information to share on air and online daily.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations and station and company policies.
- Learn and execute the “best practices” of PPM to get the most out of the time our listeners spend with our station.
- Keep up on current events and trends and work with sales team on client needs.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma, Associate`s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Formal training in radio broadcasting and one year on-air experience.
- Knowledge of all iHeartMedia and FCC rules and regulations.
HOW TO APPLY: