Digital Content Producer
Posted on 2014-12-11
By CareerPage CareerPage
WHAM ABC 13, in Rochester, NY is looking for an experienced, creative Digital Content Producer.
- Writing news, and edit and publish stories for the web and social media.
- Assist Digital Content Manager in double checking content for accuracy, spelling and typos before posting.
- Update stories and breaking news to insure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages.
- Post video to the web.
- Monitor user comments on station sites for inappropriate content.
- Setting up and monitoring live web stream of newscasts and other live news events
- Technical set up for school closings & alert systems
- Technical set up for election night web page
- Monitor intranet pages for station
- Facilitate digital sales and advertising opportunities
- Upload Digital Sales orders into the Digital Cloud, send submitted information to DSM
- Create HTML emails for digital email deployment
- Create Interactive Banners Ads in the MIXPO Platform (MIXPO is a proprietary platform that you will learn on the job)
- Facilitate digital reports to the DSM and Account Executives
- Check digital delivery as needed
- A college degree and experience in a television news department preferred.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism.
- Knowledge of electronic graphics and newsroom computers.
- Possess basic HTML skills
- Proficient with Adobe CS
- Flash knowledge is a plus
- Experience with web-content management systems
- 5-7 years professional experience
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions as well as strong editorial judgment.
- Ability to work with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed.
- Well informed of what’s happening in the local, national and international news each day.
- Strong news writing skills and understanding of current events.
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs.
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Please apply online
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER