On-Call/Fill-In On-Air Announcer
Posted on 2014-10-28
By KID-FM, KCHQ, KID, KIDG, KIDJ, KLLP, KGTM, KPKY, KZKY, KWIK, KRXK, KOUW
Idaho Falls, ID
Rich Broadcasting is looking for an on-call/fill-in on-air announcer for its cluster of radio stations in Hailey, Idaho. The ideal candidate would be creative, entertaining, listener driven and passionate about radio. In addition to the on air duties, candidate may be required to assist with daily prep, arranging guest interviews, executing contests, maintaining all digital platforms including social media to interact daily with listeners. Must have a flexible schedule and be a team player. Rich Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage females and minorities to apply for this position.
- Protect the FCC license of the station
- Fill in for other personalities as assigned
- Ensure that the station’s programming serves the needs and interests of the targeted audience
- Stay on top of current affairs, community events and music trends
- Attend all required station and department meetings and air-check session
- Use social media to interact daily with listeners
- Perform commercial voicing and other related production
- Maintain programming logs, as required by station management and the FCC
- Reconcile commercials between the computer and printed log
- Notate and log EAS alerts and, when appropriate, broadcast said alerts
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts
- Report equipment problems and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
- Represent Rich Broadcasting in the highest regard within the community and business environment
- Work in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
Work Experience Required
- A minimum of 1 year of prior announcing and/or production experience for a radio station
- Acceptable on-air presence and voice quality
- Self starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Develop and maintain effective communications with both internal and external business partners
- Able to work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor`s degree in Broadcasting or Communications , or equivalent experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website (www.richbroadcasting.com).
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted positions.
Resume is only accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.