KTUU-TV P/T Master Control Operators (2)
Posted on 2014-09-26
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a pair of part-time Master Control Operators, each working approximately 25 hours per week. The successful candidates will be responsible for master control operation; audio operation; video tape operation; transmitter remote control; video control; and satellite reception control. They will monitor all on-air content, including audio levels and video of outgoing broadcast content. We’re seeking candidates with, preferably, a year or more experience in the field. A valid driver’s license, with a good driving record, is required, as is a high school degree/GED. Some collegiate or vocational training is preferred. The position offers a competitive hourly wage and various benefits, including paid time off, 401(k) and more. KTUU is owned by a wonderful parent company, Schurz Communications, Inc., which owns television, radio, cable and newspaper properties throughout the country. Additional information on Schurz is available at www.schurz.com, and via this video link
- Operate the master control boards.
- Anticipate/prepare for breaking news.
- Monitor multiple program streams to ensure correct programming and commercial run times, record any discrepancies.
- Prepare the electronic playlist that facilitates program streams.
- File commercials, programming, and other material into automation system for broadcast - input and trim spots.
- Operate the audio console.
- Tune in live shots for news.
- Coordinate satellite feeds.
- React quickly and appropriately to any issues with equipment and breaking news.
- Communicate any issues with detail; communicate with producers before live newscasts on unusual changes.
- Interact with other departments to obtain missing broadcast material, clarify instructions, and/or resolve technical issues.
- Work weekend and weekday shifts.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of TV video production.
- Video tape experience - must be familiar with multiple tape and tapeless formats.
- General knowledge of TV broadcasting.
- Working knowledge with Avid Sundance automation.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to operate analog and digital broadcast equipment, software, broadcast video tape recorders, video servers, audio/video routers, audio and video control consoles, satellite receivers, and television transmitters.
- Proficient use of computers including Microsoft Office and Google.
- Basic knowledge of station programming schedule.
- Ability to stay focused while monitoring signal quality and programming accuracy.
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Able to react quickly to changing circumstances while remaining calm.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, initiative to address issues immediately.
- Able to work well with others in the department, as well as other departments.
- Must be flexible to work any shift including, weekend, overnights and holidays.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.jobs and search Requisition Number KTUU2098 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.