Alt AZ 93.3 Music Director
Posted on 2014-09-19
By KUPD, KDKB, KSLX, KDUS, KAZG Hubbard Radio Phoenix
POSTING DATE: September 19, 2014
JOB TITLE: Music Director
COMPANY: KDKB-FM, Programming
SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday 8:30a-5:30p, additional hours as needed.
STATUS: Full Time, Salaried
- Develop and implement policies ensuring the consistency of the station`s music programming with its mission.
- Determine an appropriate mix of musical genres consistent with our mission.
- Maintain quality standards of the music aired.
- Help to identify and recruit appropriate music program hosts (DJs).
- Further the musical knowledge of all our DJs, other volunteers, and listeners.
- Review proposals of new music programs.
- Establish and maintain contacts with recording companies and promoters to ensure a continuous flow of new material to the station in the genres of music we air.
- Solicit and review new recordings and store them in the music library.
- Provide tracking reports to designated industry publications, recording companies and promoters.
- Announce new recorded music acquisitions to the radio station.
- Select music to be programmed into the station`s automated music system by genre blocks.
Alt AZ 93-3 Hubbard Radio Phoenix is searching for a Music Director to be responsible for determining and overseeing an appropriate mix of musical programs for the radio station, reflecting the interests and tastes of the listening community we serve; for the solicitation and review of recordings; and for maintaining the standards of quality for the music we program.
This position requires an excellent strategic thinker who understands how to effectively position a brand and win in a highly competitive market. Must be able to work alongside sister stations KUPD and KSLX. Minimum of 5 years of experience in major market radio with proven track record of ratings success preferred. Ability to provide direction, organization, creativity, and strategy regarding the talent, promotions and production necessary to produce a marketable and sellable radio station. Possess a depth of knowledge about music of all kinds; an understanding of the interests and tastes of our listening community. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor. Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures. Ability to function in a team environment. Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
1167 W Javelina
Mesa, AZ 85210
Fax: (602) 808-2287
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER