KJMY Assistant Program Director/Music Director
Posted on 2014-09-17
By KAAZ, KNRS, KODJ, KJMY, KZHT Total Traffic
Salt Lake City, UT
The Assistant Program Director / Music Director position is a support role with responsibilities for executing all functions of the successful operation of one or more radio stations in a market. This position requires a person to be a responsible curator and problem solver. The successful candidate will possess abilities to build and achieve ratings excellence while assist the sales department in revenue generation by utilizing iHeart Media`s multiple platforms.
- Assist in protecting the licenses of the radio stations by understanding and implementing all FCC broadcast rules and regulations.
- Care for the product that meets or exceeds on-air and on-line goals by creating and implementing listener experiences using iHeart Media`s multiple content delivery platforms: on-air, on-line, on-site and through mobile devices.
- Help evaluate programming availability and opportunities from distributors, syndicators, producers and record labels.
- Maintain a hands-on approach in the areas of content strategy and promotion execution.
- Work with our digital department on content, implementation and development of station`s website.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, both full and individual, to discuss directions and procedures of Company.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in research, music and imaging.
- Schedule music logs for one or more radio stations in a competitive environment.
- Field calls, emails and more from record label and industry representatives on the station`s behalf.
- Gather and prepare weekly research information on current music to assist in playlist updates and adjustments.
- Understand and monitor market conditions in order to be proactive in strategy.
- Assist in creation and execution of all external marketing plans.
- Oversee all on-air aspects including music, content, production, imaging, special features and events.
- Ensure commitment to community service through partnerships with key sectors in the community and airing of Public Service Announcements.
- Assist Operations Manager in NexGen and Premium Choice log execution of one or more stations.
- Communicate with Operations Manager and Controller to adhere to budgeted operational costs.
- Work with Director of Sales/General Sales Manager (and/or Integrated Media Sales Manager and IM support staff) to ensure sales team is delivering integrated media solutions for advertisers.
- Work with the Program Director and Revenue Manager to develop a strategy that optimizes inventory mix to create a positive listening experience.
- Cultivate an atmosphere that embraces change in a positive manner.
- Successfully demonstrated skills as a Program Director or Assistant Program Director for one or more radio stations.
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of RCS products including G-Selector and NexGen.
- Working knowledge of all digital platforms including social media.
- Must be able to work well with other departments to achieve success; must possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively with others, have excellent communication skills, flexibility and assertiveness to meet goals.
- Requires demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY: