ASSISTANT BUSINESS MANAGER
Posted on 2014-09-16
By KDRF-FM KKOB-AM KKOB-FM KMGA-FM KNML-AM KRST-FM KTBL-AM Cumulus Media
Responsible for assisting the Business Manager with all business department duties as assigned by the Business Manager
Include, but not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for assisting as needed for the monthly financial close and submission of information to the Corporate office by stated deadlines
- Assisting with preparation of all monthly reports as requested by the corporate office as well as assisting the Business Manager with any additional information to the corporate office as requested
- Assisting the Business Manager with Corporate requests, audit request & budget preparation
- Assisting with Accounts Payable as it relates to the day-to-day vendor relationship management, obtaining approvals for all vendor invoices, general ledger coding, and processing functions.
- Work closely with Business Manager to ensure adherence to the various components of the Company’s internal accounting controls and policies, including but not limited to; revenue recognition, cash control, credit and collections, and employee compensation.
- Assist with daily cash deposit management and reporting, using the Company’s centralized lockbox banking system and web-based reporting tool. Also responsible for assisting with processing credit card payments.
- Responsible for the protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Assist Business Manager in providing information to comply with Sales & Use Tax reporting per corporate instruction.
- Assist with monitoring and administration of all trade accounting functions.
- Assist with the preparation of all commissions related to billing and collections for both the national rep firm and the local sales staff.
- Assist with the maintenance of all files including those related to leases and contracts for the market
- Assist Business Manager with all weekly and monthly billing functions along with the end-of-month Accounts Receivable close
- Assist with payroll preparation if necessary
- Assist with administration of employee benefit plans, including but not limited to 401(k), medical insurance, and dental insurance as necessary
- Assist with maintenance of the EEO program, FCC related reports and hiring procedures
- Assist Market Manager and other department heads as requested by the Business Manager
- All other duties as deemed necessary by corporate or local market management.
Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to work accurately and well under pressure and help meet deadlines. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use standard office equipment (i.e., copier and fax machine). Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
“It is the continuing policy of Cumulus Radio to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual preference, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit your assistance on these openings and future openings.”