Posted on 2014-09-16
By Journal Broadcast Group E.W. Scripps Media, Inc
- Provide 24/7 operational and maintenance support for various broadcast radio and television systems including but not limited to radio automation, TV automation, and ENG/SNG operations. Preference given to those with ENPS and BitCentral experience.
- Perform routine checks of critical broadcast equipment to ensure operational performance standards.
- Maintain records which include but are not limited to, broadcast repair logs, system drawings, wiring diagrams, engineering shift summaries, etc.
- Troubleshoot, install, perform maintenance, and repair of various broadcast systems.
- Demonstrated ability to continually increase technical and operational knowledge of all equipment and systems used.
- Assist in the planning and on-going development of broadcast facility.
- Journal Broadcast Group is an equal opportunity employer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast systems and associated test equipment required to maintain them.
- General knowledge in all aspects of television and/or radio broadcast maintenance required.
- Ability to read, understand, and update critical engineering documents including but not limited to wiring documents, block diagrams, etc.
- Computer network skills preferred, especially as they relate to file transfer protocol systems, newsroom automation systems, and master control automation.
- Excellent written and oral skills; detail oriented; good follow-up skills; ability to interact with vendors as required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs, climb ladders, and work in extreme environments as needed.
- 2+ years experience in broadcast television and/or radio maintenance required.
- Additional master control, radio studio, and/or newsroom maintenance experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: