Community Relations Director
Posted on 2014-08-25
By KDVR FOX31 / KWGN 2 Nexstar Media
FOX31 Denver and Colorado’s Own Channel 2 in beautiful Denver, Colorado have an immediate opening for an experienced Community Relations Director to join our team.
In this position you’ll work to build and maintain public relationships that promote and enhance the brands of FOX31 Denver and Colorado’s Own Channel 2.
- Attend and serve as station representative at community meetings and events
- Propose new ideas for events that extend and enhance our brands
- Develop plans for and manage station events
- Work with Sales Management and Account Executives to develop sponsorship opportunities around station events
- Oversee event budgets
- Write and produce broadcast, internet and print promotional material for station events
- Maintain public appearance calendar for station personalities
- Screen and select public service announcements
- Other duties in support of station marketing and community relations efforts as assigned
- Excellent Written and Oral Communications Skills
- Cost/Benefit Analysis Experience
- Public Relations Experience
- Event Planning Experience
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented person with superior interpersonal skills and an ability to keep calm under pressure. You must be highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
College degree or equivalent experience is required. Prior television experience is not required, but preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter and references to:
FOX31 Denver / Colorado’s Own Channel 2
100 E Speer Blvd
Denver, CO 80203
NO PHONE CALLS.