Temporary On-Air Talent, Host
Posted on 2014-08-21
By CareerPage CareerPage
- Conduct "pre-interviews" with list of guests appearing on show. Guest list and contact information will be given in advance in order to conduct a phone pre-interview prior to show taping. Consult with Executive Producer with results of pre-interview to discuss subject matter.
- Ability to address a multitude of subjects in the role of an interviewer. Guests appearing on the program will come from a great variety of enterprises whose common interest will be marketing their business.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and report to work pursuant to the Daily Call Sheet, which will be finalized at least 24 hours before the start of the Production Day. Tapings will take place on multiple locations to be announced as well as at the studios of KOB-TV, its satellite stations, and leased facilities.
- Host will be expected to make public appearances to promote the program and station.
- Conduct a clear and informative on-camera interview and/or presentation with guests of approximately 4 minutes in duration.
- Work in a team environment with a variety of people, including but not limited to show producers, Sales Department representatives, Program Director, co-hosts, appearing clients and show support staff. Collaborate constructively with team members to develop and make the show successful.
- Accept and follow the direction and constructive criticism from the station\'s Executive Producer and other Senior Management members.
- Act in a professional manner at all times and treat co-workers, viewers, guests, and the public with respect. Maintain professional behavior as On-Air Talent is a high visible position within KOB-TV, the clients' respective businesses, station promotion, and the general public.
- Work scheduled hours as determined by the Executive Producer and/or show staff. Make public appearances as necessary to promote KOB-TV and the program.
- Skilled interviewer with an eye for details and the ability to draw out information from subjects who are business owners and entrepreneurs, yet who may not have previously appeared on television to market their product or services.
- Obsessively read, surf, watch and listen to a variety of information sources concerning marketing techniques and strategies of clients\' products and services for their enterprise categories.
- A friendly, interesting, and engaging personality is exceedingly useful for the success of the candidate.
- Experience actively participating in a sales and/or marketing environment, preferably one that is available to be seen/heard via broadcast media, with an emphasis on interviewing and discussing a variety of subjects, such as a talk show may present.
- Previous television or other media experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send VHS tape and resume.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
4 Broadcast Plaza SW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Fax: (505) 764-2522
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER