Control Room Operator/Backup Director
Posted on 2014-05-20
By NH1 News Network Co., Inc. NH1 News Network Co., Inc.
Based in the brand new NH1 Media Center in Concord, NH1 is looking for an individual who can perform multiple control room functions such as audio and also be a backup director. This person will be assigned various weekday duties directly related to the production of live local newscasts. This individual will have additional responsibilities involving NH1 Digital. This is a full time position.
- Work with members of the news team in the preparation and execution of newscasts.
- Will on a regular basis be assigned to perform control room and studio duties including but not limited to: character generator operator, studio camera operator, audio operator, and graphics system operator.
- Direct fast paced and graphics heavy newscasts using state of the art systems and equipment.
- Supervise production and technical support staffs assigned to control room and studio when asked to direct broadcast.
- Direct scheduled newscasts along with breaking news and special reports as directed by news management.
- When assigned, this individual will direct on location live field broadcasts for on-air and digital platforms.
- Edit for broadcast.
- Interact and work with all NH1 departments as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in directing television newscasts using an automated newscast production system.
- Ability of to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Strong work ethic and able to work flexible schedules and long hours.
- Hands on experience in all technical control room and studio positions associated with live broadcasts.
- Positive attitude and must be a team leader.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but candidates with vocational technical training and or an Associate’s degree will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume, salary history and relevant work examples to tvjobs@NH1.com and include "Control Room Operator" in the subject line. NH1 and Binnie Media are Equal Opportunity Employers. No third-party recruiters, please.