On-Air Talent (PT)(KKSS)
Posted on 2014-04-09
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
- Primary function is to perform as creative on-air radio personality as assigned by Content Director, for our popular Hip-Hop/R&B, “KISS-FM”, format.
- Operate studio technical equipment and perform on-air duties in order to entertain our listeners. Represent the station in a professional, appealing and pleasant manner. Do voice over for station commercials and promotions as requested, attend remotes and promotions as necessary and requested by station management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Adequately operate the technical equipment in the studio (Console, Zetta/RCS automation system, Vox Pro, etc.)
- Have the capability to follow format and indicated times on the programming schedule.
- Follow liners and deliver on-air at specified times.
- Prepare succeeding day’s program in advance of going on-air.
- Thoroughly meet all requirements stated in the company contract.
- Maintain format of station.
- Perform as on-air personality, as scheduled.
- Responsible for creating, writing and delivering creative elements on-air.
- Maintain compliance with FCC regulations at all times, including awareness of prohibited language on-air.
- Research information as requested for show.
- Create bits and/or stunts to be used during their show, as appropriate.
- Air music as scheduled and as provided by the Content Director.
- Operate system board efficiently, including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including sponsorships and name mentions.
- Creative production and editing of commercials (voiceovers) for clients and station as directed by Production Manager.
- Create and write copy as assigned.
- Works with the traffic department to ensure all commercial copy is correct and dates and times of airing are as provided by sales.
- Meets with clients when necessary to prepare commercials on and off site.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of station and on-air promotions.
- Follow contest rules and station rules in regard to station contests.
- Greet listeners, attend and assist special events, remotes, and other company sponsored events.
- Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Live appearances/broadcasts on location as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Responsible for performing Master/Mistress of Ceremonies duties for station promotions, special events and special appearances, as assigned.
- Participate in the show as an on-air personality, adding content and entertainment value to show.
- Participation and involvement with the community.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed.
- Must be familiar with station’s format.
- Produce timely, complete and accurate reports, as requested.
- Special attention to deadlines.
- Follow work schedule as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain open communication with staff.
- Look and act professional.
- Abide by organizational norms and support organizational goals.
- Remain calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
- Persist and finish projects under deadlines.
- Follow instructions as well as take steps necessary to prevent mistakes.
- Follow well-defined procedures.
- Write and compile traffic reports on a timely basis.
- Deliver on-air traffic reports accurately.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Special personality creativity for on air recording and production for show, as requested by Content Director.
- Requires the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook software packages.
- Requires knowledge of programming and production software (i.e. Audio Vault, Audition, Console Production, Collateral Hardware, and Music Master).
- Requires flexible work schedule.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have adequate transportation for driving.
- Must have and maintain a valid New Mexico driver’s license and a good driving record.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required.
Necessary Language Skills:
- Must have excellent ability to speak, read and write in English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must be able to drive.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should mail/email resume and demo mp3 to:
Univision Radio – Albuquerque
Attn: Mark Arias, Content Director
12451 Network Blvd, Suite 140
San Antonio, TX 78249
No phone calls.
DEMO MP3 required with Application/Resume
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER